Saturday, September 6, 2008

2 Weeks back in Paris


The picture is of the best Pate' de fois gras in Paris!

I have been back in Paris for 2 weeks Monday. You would think I would be thrilled to be back but it is bittersweet. Sandi and I were here together for 2 months of the 4 I spent here. Now I am back by myself. It is no fun sleeping without her. No amount of pillows make up for skin to skin contact.

My first week back I was very depressed. I finally realized I needed to get out to get some sun and exercise. That helped my mood quite a bit. Going to the Buddhist Temple here helped as well. I have been chanting everyday and that helps as well.

I am working to get my condo out of foreclosure. I missed a couple of payments and my good friends at the bank promptly did the nasty on me. I personally think this is all arranged to make anyone with out a minimum of a million dollars indebted to the government as a renter of a government owned property. I know I am in good company.

I have to come up with a lot of money between my payments to my ex and the bank it leaves me with about $100. The good thing is I am on site and all my expenses are paid by the company. Paris is a expensive place to live. I have to come up with $700.00 to pay off my bankruptcy lawyer so I can file. Money troubles always add to depression.

This election is depressing. McCain is in my opinion a few bricks short of a full load. I think he is too old and after all he has been through he should just rest. Palin is just downright scary. I don't need some gun loving, right wing woman a heartbeat away from the presidency. I think she is a nut case.

Obama is criticized for being young. I would rather have someone with a new thought and fresh view. Old white men has got us in to a big mess in the world. It dates way back not just with Bush. LA used to have one of the best rail systems until Standard Oil, Goodyear and the car companies managed to get it all ripped out. There is no going back. Europe has one of the best passenger rail systems. The subway here in Paris is awesome. With a little walking and the subway I can get where I need to go.

Next weekend I am off to Amsterdam for the IBC trade show. It is the broadcast show here in Europe. I am taking the train. I am looking forward to it. It will be a big adventure and I have never been to Amsterdam before.

It feels good to get all this out. To much work and no play makes April a depressed girl!

I am heading out for the day.

Love to you all,

April

3 comments:

Lori D said...

My how you travel a lot, hon! And I know the feeling of financial struggles coupled with loneliness leading to depression. Hang in there and call me if you can. I should be available this weekend.

Love ya! Stay strong! *big hugs*
Lori

Sonora Sage said...

I spent 7 months living in Paris at a student back in 1982, and I agree with you that the Metro subway is awesome. I hope to make it back there some day to see how things have changed.

Mes sympathies pour les ennuis d'argent. Moi aussi!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the candidates. If the republicans win I swear I'm leaving this country.

Have fun in Amersterdam I have a brother-in-law who works nearby in Haag.