Sunday, November 30, 2008

I am being followed

I got on Twitter a couple of weeks ago and have been playing around with it to link up my status on my sites. It is kind of stupid because a lot of what it has been used for has been 'What's April eating?" when I put our sumptuous brunch of leftover apple pie and bacon up on Friday. I also posted about how I was on vacation the week before.

The last couple of days have been very interesting on Twitter. Twitter was the source a lot of the news coming out of the India Mumbai tragedy. It was like a stream of mini blogs. The topic #Mumbai is there if you search for it on Twitter it is where I found the link to the live TV coverage. I watched a lot of it. I also looked at all the Twitter messages. There lots of messages posted and there was and still is a dialog going on about who is responsible and what should happen next using Twitter. Between the video and the postings the world has shrunk yet again.

In reading all the Twitter posts and reading peoples profile I found a link to Barack Obama and decided to follow it. I got a notice today that now I am being followed. Here is the email.

Hi, April.

Barack Obama (BarackObama) is now following your updates on Twitter.

Check out Barack Obama's profile here:

http://twitter.com/BarackObama


Best,
Twitter


It is amazing to have a connected president. Using Twitter you could have a lot of people voice their opinion on a given subject with some visibility.

So then I started thinking about how if Obama can see my tweet (that's what you call a Twitter post) I would say how I would love to be the US ambassador to France. I was also reading about the gentleman Bush appointed. OMG! Can you say thanks for the donation any louder W?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Roberts_Stapleton

I think I probably speak more French than Mr. Stapleton after reading that article. I have roots in France. Who do you think President Sarkosy would rather see at a meeting? Me or somebody like Craig Stapleton. Well Craig is on the way out anyway.

You can link to me on Twitter as levisagedavril

It's a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Lori D said...

I don't know why, but Twitter just doesn't do it for me. I have an account but I much rather prefer talking with people on the phone or communicating via email or blogs. (I guess it's time we had a phone chat, no? ) :)

Le visage d'avril said...

@Lori: Ya me too call me old-fashioned but it's a lot easier to put your foot in your mouth on the phone.

@Simone: I approved Lori's and your comment at the same time, hers posted and yours disappeared. Shades of 360!
Anyway you are welcome. I thought other people were interested.

Simone said...

Twitter looks like great fun but I would probably become addicted to it. Stapleton's predecessor, Howard Leach, also spoke very little French and gave Bush $400k.

Le visage d'avril said...

Ya Twitter has the potential. I am starting to link to other people here is Silicon Valley. The other night while I as at another meeting the Tweeters here had a meetup. I have Twitter on my iPhone now so I can see what is up. Next time I will go to one of the meet ups. It sounds like a lot of fun.