Saturday, September 20, 2008

Passing (as French)


I was looking and the last posting I had was a while ago. I am still in Paris. It is getting cooler as Automne has arrived. The spring and summer were wonderful. I was lucky enough to have my partner Sandi here for 2 months.

The picture is from the firedrill we had at work. A woman I met at work was nice enough to take my picture in front of the waterball.

My French is slowly improving. I can say things with out freezing up. My accent is improving and I can almost pass as French. My main French interaction in French is around food. At least I am not starving. Some words I use without the two step process in my head of translation. I still have a ways to go as I really don't feel I can carry on a full conversation. Everyone is supportive of me learning more French and am determined to improve. I have decided to keep reading my French Dictionary to help me understand more words.

Last Sunday I took the train to Amsterdam for the IBC conference. It was a 3 day thing. Two days of travel and one at the show. It was nice to see some of my friends there. I met some new people. It was funny getting off of the train still wanting to speak French. The Dutch speak English very well. I was not there long enough to pick up any Dutch. I enjoyed listening to it. I have an Ex-Pat friend there but she was out of town when I was there. She wants us to move there. We had a wonderful dinner at the Supper Club in Amsterdam. It was an awesome place with wonderful music and I danced a lot of the night away.

http://www.supperclub.nl/

It is a beautiful day here in Paris and I need to get outside. Catch you later.

Love to you all.

April

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious of you getting to live and work in Europe. My brother-in-law works in Holland and says the natives are all a bit on the tall side. Loves it there too. One day I will get there.

Lori D said...

What an incredible opportunity to work there. A friend told me she loved visiting Paris. I hope I'm able to someday.