Sunday, October 12, 2008

Adieu Paris

I found out Thursday my project here in Paris will not continue to the next phase. It is a let down. It is also a relief. I have so enjoyed being here. My great grandfather emigrated from France to the USA in 1806. I still have relatives here. I have not had a chance to meet them. I think I will have to come back when I don’t have to be at work 5 days a week and have some money to see more of France.

I have made some friends here out side of work. I am happy for that. I went to go see my new friends perform last night. I spent an hour walking around looking for the place. I never found it after walking all over Saint Denis. I had a few new male friends I met that wanted to take me somewhere and do something. I know the word for drink and it wasn’t that. It’s hard not having full control of a language. I know horny it looks the same in any language.

The day before I met another friend after she met with her doctor to get her levels checked. The doctor did not have the results. I told her I just look online to see mine. The medical care here in France is good but same things are just like back in the day.

I met my friend near the Arc de Triomphe. I had another gentleman follow me like a puppy on the Metro. It’s a good thing I don’t where I am going because once I realized I was going the wrong way I did a u-turn and left him. Anyway my friend has a new Black Mercedes. I don’t know how people can spend that much money on a car. It is pretty cool though. Something about cruising down Champs-Ellysees in an expensive car is just right. It makes me forget about my personal financial struggles.

We ended up in the Saint Denis area. They have some shops with sexy lingerie, cute cheap boots, sex shops mixed in with other businesses. Walking is hell in Paris. Who thought cobblestones were a good idea. It is hard work walking in any kind of heel. You really risk your life or sometimes just look drunk even if you are not.

We had a nice dinner at a pizza place after trying to decide what and where to eat. It was pleasant and we talked about the things we all talk about, transition, ex’s, hormones, the future, the past. She is not yet full time. She has lived in Paris for 16 years and plans to complete her transition after a move and possible job change. She says she has a 4-year plan.

After dinner she took me on back to my place via the scenic route. In my opinion Paris by night everything is scenic. It is all so beautiful day or night.

I am going to miss Paris. It still seems a little like a dream to be here. I am glad my partner was able come and share it with me. Our two months here flew by. I was planning on her being back. It will be good to be home. To be able to be together again with Sandi. I miss her so much. To be able to sleep in our bed with our cats, see my kids and deal my part of the financial collapse. I am not sure exactly when I am leaving. I have some finishing up to do but it is soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad the job is ending, but at least you got to experience a bit of Paris. I envy that.

Le visage d'avril said...

Teri: That is how I see it as well. I am happy to have been able to do it. I am still going to see about a longer term plan to move either to Paris or somewhere in Europe. Right now I am actually looking forward to being home.

Sandi said...

Baby, it was a great run while it lasted. We both got to enjoy Paris and it was wonderful. But having you home is the best!

I can't wait.

I love you, Honey.

:o)

Le visage d'avril said...

Sandi: I know honey. It will be wonderful to be back home and together again. Yaaaaaaa!

Samantha Shanti said...

Ah, Pari! Who thought cobblestones where a good idea? Your great, great grandfather... You know many of those stones where there before your grandad was born right? That is the way of old cities, before the invention of concrete and pavement...

So the look of April eh? Truth to tell the whole reason I found your blog is because the title caught my eye... Nice to meet you! Why did your Grandad leave? Well Pari in those days wasn't quite the city you know and love now. It's come a long, long way! Truth to tell, I do miss it myself at times. Mind you last time I was there was back before your Grandad left...

Welcome home...

Le visage d'avril said...

Hi Samantha, Thanks for comments.
That is one of those beautiful things about Paris that everything is very old. My great grandfather was from the south and I think there was not much happening back then and it has not changed much ;).