Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY


One year ago today I converted to Buddhism. It has been such an amazing year. A lot of really wonderful things have taken place in my life. I am very thankful for all of it.

I am planning on going to the 2009 Tozan in Japan. It is the 750th year anniversary of the Buddhism I practice. I have always wanted to go to Japan and now I will be able to go to the head temple and chant. Chanting gives me such peace and happiness. I am so excited about going. I am hoping I will get to see some of the people I met at the temple in France there at the head temple. I am traveling with the friend who introduced me to Buddhism.

One of the wonderful things we get when we transition is the opportunity to examine everything in our lives and decide if we want to keep it or not. It's not just about clothes and flesh. It's about being happy and having everything fit together. I realized after talking to my friend I had been living as a Buddhist for a long time but did not know it. Being Catholic just did not give me what I needed and becoming Buddhist has given me more than I ever expected. I have met a lot of wonderful people that live true to themselves. Isn't that what it's about?

5 comments:

Angel said...

I'm happy that you've found such fulfillment in Buddhism. I practiced it for four years myself while trying to find peace, and it continues to be a big influence on me.

Keri Renault said...

Enlightenment any way we permit it to touch our lives is so liberating. What a wonderful path you've found. I couldn't agree more that pursuit of "the truth" is at the center of this journey we call life.

Without searching for the truth, without actively seeking it, embracing it and living our personal truths to the fullest---regretably, we're not really living at all. I spent way too many years just like that: Tuning out the truth.

Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for sharing! Your landmark visit to Japan sounds fantastic. May you experience more growth & fulfillment in the years ahead.

Le visage d'avril said...

Thank you ladies for the nice comments.

Simone said...

Congratulations on your anniversary April. The trip to Japan sounds like a marvelous and profound experience.

Le visage d'avril said...

I know I am so excited. I hear it is a very packed trip and we will spend a week living on the temple grounds.