Monday, December 15, 2008

Yahoo's new direction and Twitter

Tech Crunch posted a piece about Yahoo and the new open application platform they are developing to develop an social open web.

It will not be based around anything like Y360. Look for changes in your Yahoo profile in the time ahead.

I found this today on Twitter from a person I follow. It is kind of a Hot or Not / Twitter mash up called Twit or Fit? I am going to watch it over the next few days.

On the same line of my Blog yesterday here is a Twitter feed about the Death of Media. The New York Times and Gawker and others featured information and a link. After I started following that said they hit 5000 followers.

I am thinking the fact that Yahoo stopped y360 is the best thing that ever happened. I feel like I have discovered a whole big new world outside of Yahoo.

1 comment:

Simone said...

The mediaisdying link was a great read April. Our local paper has dominated news here since 1868 and it's also collapsing. I agree about y360. I'll believe Yahoo when I see it.