Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More like Christmas than last

We hit a few holiday parties over last weekend. There are still more to come. My partner brought the Christmas music along on the drive to our first party. I was driving, listening to the music and totally loving it. I was surprised how nice it was. I kept wondering why it sounded better. I thought back to last year and remembered how last year sucked. because of our salon. I remembered hating hearing Christmas music last year.

In December of last year we were trying to decide what to do about the hair salon we owned. We had purchased it a year and a half before. The business had not exactly gone according to plan. We had one surprise after another from all the things the former owner did not disclose.

Even though we are dealing with personal bankruptcy because of the salon, I am much happier this year .

If anyone is dealing with the same issues right now I feel for you. It is tough running a business. I have had several and this one in this economy just did not work.

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Simone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simone said...

Opps! I pushed the wrong key. Yes, Christmas music is pretty contagious. It's amazing how much has changed in one year. A lot of my competition has shrunk but so has my client's budgets. I operate on a slim profit margin so I'm being careful about the work I take on.

Le visage d'avril said...

I don't know anyone who isn't margin challenged these days.